Sunday, August 24, 2008

Queen of Hearts

so deal em...she awaits hands stretched out...there is an emptiness, a longing for feeling of anything...and cards are dealt and hope is fed and anticipation lingers...lord knows there is a chance slim or none, slim or none, that he could be the one...he could be the one that holds the queen of hearts..he could be the ace added to my spade that brings me my full house..my full house..perhaps he is the king this evening holds within his blue suit...lord knows there is a chance slim or none that he could be the one....and we sit and play the game. all is lost in our lack of shame...he doesn't even know my name, but there is a chance, although slim and none, that he could be the one....that he could be the one. and i am willing to up the ante with a little leg from this dress from Paris in hopes that he will throw down a little attention from his American eyes to these naked thighs...and there is the risk of hoping he is the one....and my chances are slim and none...but with each stroke the time is passing and my youth i am not sure how much is lasting...and the risk sometimes isn't even realized and what is at stake can't be matched...in hopes that this night will ever last.... Deal me in while he is angle shooting. Looking around she’s not there. Decide to stay cause I’ve got a good pair. And lord knows there is a chance slim or none slim or none that he could be the one, he could be the one that holds the queen of hearts…His hands are ablaze by the river on 5th street where he lays me down without a sound. Recently I’ve been bleedin and I’m not about to bust, but I know he is about to call my bluff. So I ante up and straddle, cause I have got a leg up on luck. And just as he is about to go all in I begin to put on the heat and raise him to a Royal Flush. Push, Split. We are on a one way straight hoping for the pay off. Two of a kind we double down. Lord knows there is a chance slim or none that he could be the one, he could be the one that holds the queen of hearts and the memories will fade and hands will be dealt....while the queen sits full of heart waiting for her king to fulfill her house....less to be held and more to be felt...

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Talk about sexy writing...who is this mystery King of (perhaps) Hearts?